Wednesday, September 22, 2010

A Marshmallow Day

Today was my day off- my day to do what I want, when I want. Last night I planned out my entire day. I was going to let myself sleep in (but not too late). Then I was going on a birthday presents hunt for a certain someone whose birthday is this Sunday (cough, Rory, cough cough). Next, I'd go to the gym and do a REAL workout- none of this girly, pansy stuff I've been doing as of late. I was going to do a heartpumping, sweat pouring, leg shaking work out. Then I was going to sit down and write my tear jerking, testimony building, life changing talk that I am to give on Sunday. That was to be followed by miscellaneous errands including but not limited to: dropping off a letter at the post office, buying a couple ingredients for dinner, and seeing if I could find some purple nailpolish (the pink I have been wearing is SO last season... it's officially fall). Yes, I was going to have one very productive day off.

At 3:00 pm, as I sat on our bed eating Marshmallow Matey's by the handful, I took inventory of my day. Sleep in a little- check. Birthday presents- check. Workout- ummm... haven't quite gotten around to it. Then again, I did all that walking around at the mall... Write my talk- oh, I'm just waiting for the inspiration... or something. Miscellaneous errands- well, none of those things HAVE to be done today. I sighed, knowing that what should have been a "go-get-em" day, had turned in to a marshmallow day.

The funny things is I could easily have gotten all those things done if it was a regular work day. There's just something about having a bunch of semi-pertinent things to do and a whole day to do it that just welcomes procrastination for me. I guess in that regard, it's a good thing that I'm back to work tomorrow. And an even better thing that we got the extra large bag of Marshmallow Matey's... I'll be looking forward to my next marshmallow day.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by for a little R & R