Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Hey There, Good Lookin'

This could, quite possibly, be one of the worst photos ever taken of me. So naturally, I want to share it with you, dear Internet.


I'm giving a little photography presentation for the young women of the ward tomorrow.  This is the photograph I'm going to use to show what happens when you break all the posing rules.  In case you're wondering just what photographic calamities came together to cause this perfect storm, here's what's happening: (i.e. what not to do)

1. I'm standing straight on... doing nothing.
2. Rory (the photographer) is shooting a full-body portrait from above eye-level, thus making a relatively tall, thin woman look both short AND squatty.
3. I stuck out my hips a bit so they are the closest thing to the camera (whatever is closest to the camera looks the biggest)
4. Rory shot at a low millimeter (28mm) which always causes distortion.  In this case, it makes it look like my upper body is the same length as my lower body. 
5. Of course all of those things could possibly be excused and the photograph saved IF I had a really fantastically great expression to distract from all those other elements.  I don't.  I'm not exactly sure what expression is on my face (maybe a cross between looking like I'm stuck in traffic and looking like someone around me just passed gas).

You have now both laughed and been educated with this post.  Your welcome.

4 comments:

  1. and yet. you are more beautiful than ever.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww... thanks, Britt. Also, you never called me. SHAME!!! Just kidding, but seriously- call me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Um, yeah. If that's the worst picture of you ever taken...you live a charmed life. NOW to learn what I SHOULD do when someone takes a picture of me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Actually the very worst picture ever taken of me was taken about 4 or 5 years ago. If the camera adds 10 lbs then there was at least 5 cameras on me. I looked 50 lbs. heavier than I was at the time (I wish I was exaggerating) due to the fact that I was the closest out of 15 people to the camera. I actually thought about posting a collage of my worst photos, but then I realized A. There's no need to subject people to that and B. I think I've deleted/untagged myself from those photos. I'm vain like that!

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by for a little R & R