Monday, December 6, 2010

Where are you, Christmas?

Typically, the holiday season truly is "the most wonderful time of the year" for me. I love the lights, the gift giving/receiving, the stories, that "gingerbread feeling," the focus on Christ, etc etc. Not to mention, Rory and I fell in love during Christmas time.

This year, however, my enthusiasm for the holiday season has been sub-par. I'm not quite a Grinch or an Ebenezer, I don't think... more like Cindy Lou Who from the 2000 version of The Grinch Who Stole Christmas, who asked, "Where are you, Christmas? Why can't I find you?" Unlike Cindy, I have a pretty clear idea as to why there is very little "jingle all the way" for me.

Work has been INSANE. We've been booked out for photo sessions for over a month and will continue to be booked out clear up until the last week of December. I catch myself saying all the time, "I can't wait until Christmas is over!" Bah-humbug, indeed! Last week, my attitude started to bother me.

Luckily, I have a wonderful husband who recognized my "Bah-humbug" attitude, and suggested that we get a Christmas tree. Decorating our first Christmas tree together as a married couple did wonders for my spirits. Yesterday, we decided to participate in our ward's "Angel Tree" and give a gift to a child in need. I also watched the First Presidency Christmas Devotional last night. I'm happy to report that my holiday spirit barometer is creeping towards full!

What brings the Christmas spirit into your life?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by for a little R & R